Hello, my name is Paul Krauss and I am a licensed professional counselor in Grand Rapids, MI. l will be honored to work with you. In the Great Psychotherapy Debate (Wampold, 2001), studies demonstrated that if there are two groups of people with similar problems, those who receive counseling will be better off than 79% of those who do not receive counseling. Twenty years of clinical research concluded that the most important factor in successful therapy is the relationship between the client and therapist. I want you to know that I take research seriously and during the counseling process, my goal is for you to feel valued and understood, while working toward your goals. The counseling process is an investment. My goal is to help you move from where you are to where you want to be. My intention is to help you develop new skills and perspectives that you can use to enhance your life. I have many specializations (see Specializations on the left menu bar), but I will customize my approach to you.
Counseling can bring relief, resolution, clarity, freedom, or help you overcome a challenge. My counseling style is encouraging, empowering, nonjudgmental, and thorough. I have advanced training in empirically-proven methods such as EMDR, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Career Counseling, and Existential Psychotherapy, etc. Yet, I believe everyone is unique and we will discuss which approach will work best for you. I’m looking forward to being a part of your journey. Let’s work together for change. – Paul Krauss MA LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor)
What Counseling can do for you…
- Gain a greater sense of enjoyment, satisfaction, and meaning in your life.
- Develop more fulfilling relationships in love, work, family.
- Foster strategies to help you handle anxiety and stress.
- Work through issues that are causing you to feel depressed.
- Increase feelings of self-worth and improve self-esteem.
- Become aware of what triggers negative thought patterns and help you attain freedom from these.
- Learn new ways of communicating with others so you feel heard and understood.
- Begin to heal from past traumatic events and start getting past your past.
- Learn to set healthy boundaries in your relationships.
- Improve trust and intimacy in your love life.
- Discover how to love yourself more.
- Acquire a sense of wellbeing about your future.
- Overcome self-destructive habits and addictions.
- Explore the challenges of life transitions.
- Learn how to repair old friendships and/or develop new ones.
- Move toward a path of a fulfilling career and a work/life balance.